Sharp AL-2040 Driver Free Download
Sharp AL-2040 Driver Download – The Sharp AL-2040 is a premium monochrome multifunction business machine that prints, copies, and scans but do not fax or have PC-fax capabilities. It prints at a 600 dpi resolution and a rate of 16 pages per minute. It copies at a rate of 20 pages per minute. The first copy time is 8 seconds in normal mode, but it can be as much as 25 seconds to first print if in preheat mode. The Sharp AL-2040 has a 50-sheet automatic document feeder (ADF), and it has two 250-sheet paper input trays. The Sharp AL-2040 can connect to the network via Ethernet or high-speed USB, and it has full plug-and-play support for all Windows versions after Win95.
With the AL-2040, Sharp does an excellent job of blending modern style with traditional business practicality. The machine is essentially a cube with a business white color scheme, but Sharp uses rounded corners, sleek styling cues, and azure-colored plastic to great effect. The paper input trays are at the bottom, and they are easy to access and load. The copier/scanner lid is substantial but not overly heavy, and the control panel is sophisticated and highly customizable via programmable buttons. You can also access the interface and most functionality via the network. Full scanning functionality does require a USB connection.
The Sharp AL-2040 is a world-class business machine that delivers on all of its promises in terms of performance. Cartridge Save also provides excellent value in their high-yield Sharp AL-2040 toner cartridges and drums, which gives this machine excellent cost-per-page. The AL-2040 also supports full-color scanning via USB, and while a tad slow at it, the quality of the scans and prints is impeccable. The AL-2040 is also energy efficient, and it draws less power than most business machines in this class do.
The two big disadvantages of the Sharp AL-2040 are the lack of duplex support and the lack of fax and PC-fax capabilities. The AL-2040 does handle double-sided copies, but you’ll have to handle the double-sided prints manually. It isn’t too bad for the occasional job, even a large one, but it is a deal-breaker if you require frequent duplex printing. As for fax and PC-fax, these technologies are on the way out, and we see more and more companies leaving them out of their new designs. But we’d at least like to see an upgrade option for the company that still uses the technology.
Sharp AL-2040 Driver Installation for Windows
Follow the steps below to install the PPD driver using the Add Printer Wizard.
- Download the software and save the extracted files in any folder.
- Click the [Start] button, select [Settings] and then click [Printers].
- Double-click the [Add printer] icon.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
Sharp AL-2040 Driver Installation for Macintosh
- Insert the “Software CD-ROM” into your computer’s CD-ROM drive.
- Double-click the [CD-ROM] icon on the desktop and double-click the [MacOSX] folder.
- Then double click the folder corresponding to the versions of the operating system.
- Double-click the [MX-PKX] icon and click the [Continue] button.
- The License Agreement window will appear. Make sure that you understand the contents of the license agreement and then click the [Continue] button.
- Select the hard drive where the PPD file will be installed and click the [Continue] button.
- Click the [Install] button and when the message “The software was successfully installed” appears in the installation window, click the [Close] button.
- Select [Utilities] from the [Go] menu.
- Double-click the [Printer Setup Utility] icon and click [Add].
- Configure the printer driver.
- Display printer information.
- Select the machine configuration.
- Select [Installable Options].
- Then select the options that are installed on the machine.
- Click the [Apply Changes] button.
- Click to close the window.
Installation Sharp AL-2040 Scanner Driver
- Click the [Scanner Driver (TWAIN)] button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- When the finish setup window appears, click the [OK] button.
- Click the [Close] button in the window of step 1.
- Then click the [start] button, select [All Programs] ([Programs] in Windows 98/Me/2000), select [SHARP MFP TWAIN K], and then select
- [Select Device].
- Click the [Search] button.
- Select the IP address of the machine from the “Address” menu and click the [OK] button.
- Click the [OK] button.
Sharp AL-2040 Driver and Software Download
|Sharp AL-2040 GDI Print and TWAIN Driver Windows 64-Bit||Download|
|Sharp AL-2040 GDI Print and TWAIN Driver Windows 32-Bit||Download|